News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Persian Order of the Lion and Sun

Thanks a lot for this information.

I have actually read the mentioned book "En Dansk Ingeniørs Erindringer" a couple of years ago and found it very entertaining.

No doubt the group belonged to one of the engineers working on the railway project in Persia, but are you sure Mr. Saxild is the best bet?

Since he was promoted further within the order of Dannebrog, he would have been obliged to return the Knight Cross - and of course after his death all the orders of Dannebrog (whatever the classes) would have to be returned.

On numerous occasions the latter principle was not followed (although the Chapter of the Royal Orders was/is very eager in this matter), but not returning a Knight Cross when receiving a higher class would have been simply unheard of...

But whatever the story behind this group is, I can assure you it's in caring and loving hands :)

/Michael

Wow! What an interesting thread! I really enjoy reading these sorts of stories of folks researching unusual medals in their collections and their possible recipients.

Thanks gents for sharing this.