News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My new IAB, maker R.S. in silver

Hello all,

Just got this beauty in the mail to match my IAB stickpin in the "Vienna" style, a R.S. silver IAB in zinc. Most of the finish is gone but it is not bad for a zincer, and it matches the on-card stickpin perfectly (I will post the pics on that thread as well). The hinge and pin are magnetic (and a little rusty :blush: ) and I am sure its a good one as the seller was a respected member of this forum. It is so nice to have a community I can trust now in my purchases after buying all those fake badges early on. Please leave your comments and thanks for looking!

Cheers,

Pat

and the reverse of the RS IAB, with the magnetic pin and catch. The front has a bit of the zinc rust just like the zincer tinnies, but I think most zincers have this. Any opinions are welcome

Cheers,

Pat :beer:

I forgot to add, if anyone else has a zinc (or any type, for that matter) Rudolf Souval IAB please post them as well. It would be great to see the different types all in one thread. Any comments on my IAB are welcome as I am confident it's a good one, but it is always nice to have more opinions.

Cheers, and can't wait to see your R.S. Infantry Assault badges!

Pat

Nice variations of the R.S. badges Greg :beer: So is mine the more common style catch then? Do you know which variations were more abundant, and maybe what time frame they are from? I know these are detailed questions but you seem to be the expert on these IAB's, and if anyone would know they would be on this forum. I like the detail on these and the zinc seems to have held out on your examples as well. If anyone has any more R.S. IAB variations please feel free to contribute as well,

Thanks again for showing Greg,

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Nice variations of the R.S. badges Greg :beer: So is mine the more common style catch then? Do you know which variations were more abundant, and maybe what time frame they are from? I know these are detailed questions but you seem to be the expert on these IAB's, and if anyone would know they would be on this forum. I like the detail on these and the zinc seems to have held out on your examples as well. If anyone has any more R.S. IAB variations please feel free to contribute as well,

Thanks again for showing Greg,

Pat

Well Pat I for sure am no expert. IAB's are simply my focus in terms of TR. Yes, yours is in my opinion the most common and I also believe that variation to be the final manifestation. The angled mark in my opinion being earlier. I base that only on the quality differential between the two in terms of crisp detail. But admittedly this is just my hunch..........much has been made of this maker and new things are being discovered every day. There is even a hollowback version now recently "discovered" that makes it all even more interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the details Greg :beer:

It is a perfect match for the IAB stickpin on card I recently got and they are now going to spend many more years together in my treasure cabinet :D

Cheers and feel free to add your comments on this RS IAB!

Pat