News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Warrant Officers sword?

Guest Soapy

Guest Soapy

Gentlemen,

I am trying to find out if Warrant Officers in the RN are entitled to carry swords during ceremonials, and if they are which swords they can carry?

I should point out that I am a serving Warrant Officer and in the middle of a "discussion" with my Station Gunnery Officer (who happens to be a friend of mine who went SD) on the subject. He tells me that there is indeed a Warrant Officers sword but his Armoury doesn't hold any! but I can use the Officers sword in lieu (as I will be tomorrow morning for a parade involving CinC Fleet). Any information would be greatly appreciated :food-smiley-004:

Soapy Watson

Not so sure on todays RN regulations but there certainly use to be a Ceremonial Warrant Officers Sword and sword belt for RN Chief Petty Officers. I think the sword was plainer with a black handle compared to the officers sword ?

I found this link but it does not show CPOs only POs Uniforms:

http://www.royal-marines.mod.uk/static/pages/7097.html

DevonRex may be able to help as he is mob.

From 2 Warrant Officers at FOST AWW section. Warrant Officers may carry swords but they are to be black handled(Which are different to the Officers Swords). Two are held In Guzz and two in Pompey for ceremonial and other purposes, alternatively you may have your own made if you wish! Hope this helps tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...
    • 4 months later...
    Guest Knocker

Soapy

Try this link http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/machine%5Fguns/imperial/ or the Wilkinson Sword site

Yours Aye

Knocker