News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

[attachmentid=50742][attachmentid=50743]

A good Sunday to all. Would any body have any knowledge about this group? The badge itself is very well made and well marked. I couldn't locate it in Husken. Pre-war? Post-war? Ideas? Thanks for looking. Robert

Hi,

I have no idea on how complete Huesken is,but I would say if it isn?t in there, it is likely post-war.Lourdes is a religous location where Christian pilgrims gather.

Best

Yes you are probably right. I thought that this being Sunday it would be an appropriate posting. I find it pretty amazing that with all of the destruction and then rebuilding in Nurnberg/Berlin time and inclination was still found to produce badges like this. Thanks for youre imput. Robert

Hello Robert,

It seems Belgium has insignia with the same purpose. Attached you find a Belgian medal of 1932.It wears the same abreviations NLD. I guess it means NOTRE DAME de LOURDES. Translated is this OUR LADY of LOURDES. I think it was worn by groups of pelgrims which visited Lourdes. Maybe as an ID or a souvenir? I remember my mother told me she went to Lourdes in 1948, and she has a pale bleu cross pin as an ID. I don't know if the pin wears the same abreviations. I have to look for it...

best regards,

Jef[attachmentid=50783]