News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The few buckles I have left:

Hi all,

Here's what I have left in the way of German buckles. Used to have Luftwaffe's in both combat and utility, a few more Heer, a couple more Imperial as well as one that had the complete belt dated 1916 as well as the SA that now resides with Pat up in Canada.

First off my two remaining Imperial's:

[attachmentid=50834]

[attachmentid=50835]

[attachmentid=50836]

[attachmentid=50837]

Dan,

Nice buckles, but that 1895 is downright rare. The 1895s were only made from 1895 to 1897 with the Christian cross with rays. After that they went to an Iron Cross on the crown.

Dan M.

Hi Dan,

I take it you mean the second one? :unsure: Jeez... I always thought it was just another WWI... perhaps an NCO's or something. Had no idea it was anything special. :blush:

Thanks so much for passing that along. :beer: You made my night! :D:jumping::jumping:

Dan :cheers:

Yes...that '95 is super! The only thing that I see wrong with that buckle is that it isn't in MY collection!

hahahaha....

I love that one!

Super buckle!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Many thanks! :beer: Okay... tell ya what. :rolleyes: Bids start at $5,000 U.S. :cheeky::lol:

Seriously though... you could have absolutely knocked me over with a feather. Far as I knew it was just another WWI buckle, perhaps for an NCO and worth maybe $40 to $50 tops.

Very glad I posted it as otherwise I would have never known. Hey, a case in point of how important this buckle section is. :rolleyes::jumping::jumping: Sure hope we keep it as who knows how many other such goodies will pop out of the woodwork.

Thanks again, :cheers:

Dan

Hi all,

I'd forgotten about this one. Nothing special... just a West German Bundeswehr. But ran across it tonight and thought I'd post it. I may also have a few other things laying about but will have to do some digging tomorrow as it's about time for bed now. :Cat-Scratch:

[attachmentid=51852]

[attachmentid=51853]

There's something to be said when comparing these West German buckles and their East German counter-parts. The quality is still there when it comes to WestGerman manufacturing....the East German buckles were all made cheap, low quality - in typical Soviet fashion!

Rob

Dan!!! I was so impressed with that hard to find '95 (with cross on top of crown rather than more common Iron Cross), that I went and bought one today!!

Thanks for making me spend more money on more buckles! hahahahaha :P

I'll certainly post pics when it comes in!!

Cheers!!

Rob

Dan!!! I was so impressed with that hard to find '95 (with cross on top of crown rather than more common Iron Cross), that I went and bought one today!!

Thanks for making me spend more money on more buckles! hahahahaha :P

I'll certainly post pics when it comes in!!

Cheers!!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Can't wait to see pics of the new additions! :jumping::jumping: And hey, what are friends for but to make each other spend more money on goodies to love? :P:beer:

Bet she's a beaut! :love: