News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

M35 Luftschutz helmet....

number

Hallo Motorhead :beer:

while the shell looks great the liner looks paper thin maybe its a repro?? no sign of any wear and a light brown chin strap?? nearly sure they (the straps) were in black leather :unsure:

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

So I inspected the helmet again....The paint passed the Aceton test( the LS blue is always"weaker" than the paint you find at combat helmets!).The decal matches totally to what I would call" the standard" decal-thickness of the lines,distance between the upper part of the swaz and the frame of the "Luftschutz"is absolutely correct,position and size of the holes above the acorns is all right.I opened the liner(but please do not ask me to remove it!)-the rivets that are holding the liner are the same type as you find in combat helmets.The small rivets putting the "card" linerring and the "Ersatzstoff"liner together are stronger corroded.The color of the chinstrap is strange,but it's fixed the normal way with the linerring...some more little iron rivets(also stronger corroded) My personal oppinion:If stone mint means fake than it is one.I found nothing that would alarm me(exept the extremely good condition).So-either a perfect original helmet or a 100%fake-which I'm pretty shure it isn't.I know some of the circumstances of the find of these group of helmets and will contact the "original" finder....

Micha

Edited by Motorhead

So I inspected the helmet again....The paint passed the Aceton test( the LS blue is always"weaker" than the paint you find at combat helmets!).The decal matches totally to what I would call" the standard" decal-thickness of the lines,distance between the upper part of the swaz and the frame of the "Luftschutz"is absolutely correct,position and size of the holes above the acorns is all right.I opened the liner(but please do not ask me to remove it!)-the rivets that are holding the liner are the same type as you find in combat helmets.The small rivets putting the "card" linerring and the "Ersatzstoff"liner together are stronger corroded.The color of the chinstrap is strange,but it's fixed the normal way with the linerring...some more little iron rivets(also stronger corroded) My personal oppinion:If stone mint means fake than it is one.I found nothing that would alarm me(exept the extremely good condition).So-either a perfect original helmet or a 100%fake-which I'm pretty shure it isn't.I know some of the circumstances of the find of these group of helmets and will contact the "original" finder....

Micha

Hallo Micha, :beer:

I really hope your item is 100% real, we can only give an opinion by the pictures we see.

There is nothing like getting "hands-on" to an item to make a judgement,

Kevin in Deva :beer: