News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

JUNCKER's Spanish crosses

Jacques

Juncker is one the few firms of which Meybauer, Steinhauer, Godet , that manufactured the spanish crosses for the massive award parades of May 31th, June 3rd and 4th 1939. As usual, Juncker crosses are very well detailed and of a high quality.

The firm used several MM. I have encountered the following ones: "900", "900 + CEJ", "CEJ", then with LDO numbers "L/12", "L/12 900", and unmarked ones.

the crosses were manufactured in bronze, tombac, massive silver. two variants exist of the MM "CEJ 900" with a larger "900".

Eagles: they are sharp detailed. the swas show 2 cut out branches.

Swords: the grips have 7 twists. they are larger than the Meybauer ones.

Pin: generally the pins are massives and large at the top.

Hook: the hook is of a half-moon section, always directly soldered to the cross.

First one

Silver cross in massive silver, marked CEJ 900 with the small figures.

Edited by jacques

• 11 months later...

Jacques, how could the grips be different if its all part of the same die? I think that it is just the hand finishing. My 2 CEJ have wider and thinner grip if viewed from the back and it looks like that was a finishing process.

What is also interesting is that it appears that on the small and large 900 you posted the same flaw is there but to different degrees. Perhaps a result of hand finishing? Both of mine seem to show the top "flaw" above the sword to be large very much like the large 900 example you posted (Beautiful piece BTW Jacques!)