News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown Medal with Arabic inscription.

Kev in Deva

Hallo Gentlemen, :beer:

a good friend of mine here in Romania has picked up some loose medals, among them an unknown to me one of Arab issue,

can any of you give me a value?? I am more into the historic value, he being poorer, the monetary value. :blush:

POST POST: I now know it to be: IRAQ (Kingdom) -- Coronation Medal of King Faisal II, 1953,

Official British Royal Mint striking

It also came in bronze (official) from Huguenin.

Any Value?? Please.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

The status of the bronze coronation medal is vague. Only the silver was ever official, though the bronzes existed. It is unclear why. What is even less officicial are the silvered bronze medals, probably an interim solution to the late supply of medals from London. The real (silver) medals were struck on the same plancet as the QE2 coronation (leftovers?). If anyone wants more information and images, I can provide.

• 1 year later...

Hallo Gentlemen, :beer:

a good friend of mine here in Romania has picked up some loose medals, among them an unknown to me one of Arab issue,

can any of you give me a value?? I am more into the historic value, he being poorer, the monetary value. :blush:

POST POST: I now know it to be: IRAQ (Kingdom) -- Coronation Medal of King Faisal II, 1953,

Official British Royal Mint striking

It also came in bronze (official) from Huguenin.

Any Value?? Please.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

The price for the Iraqi Kingdom Bronze Coronation Medal is valued at $40-$80.00 all depends on the condition and has the correct ribbon.

Huguenin made.

The English Mint with the correct ribbon in mint have sold for $450.00 I bought mine for 100.00 each in Baghdad, Iraq a few years ago. Vauled price for it is in between $175-$300.00 is the highest I would pay for one.

Edited by IMHF

The price for the Iraqi Kingdom Bronze Coronation Medal is valued at $40-$80.00

all depends on the condition and has the correct ribbon. Huguenin made.

The English Mint with the correct ribbon in mint have sold for $450.00, I bought mine for 100.00 each in Baghdad, Iraq a few years ago. valued price for it is in between $175-$300.00 is the highest I would pay for one.

Hallo Iraqi Militaria, :cheers:

thanks for the answer to my question, the item in question,

is the one at the top of the page in the first post, condition is very good.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

• 3 weeks later...

You are welcome, do you want to sale the medal and how much? I will be very happy to take it off your hands. :rolleyes:

Thank You

God Bless

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF