News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

One of the great advantages of growing up in South Africa... I was able to find 3-4 of these, captured by South African troops in GSWA.

Down side is I traded them all away.

A friend got me this one some time ago, the condition is not as nice as the ones I used to have, but still a nice piece.

• 6 months later...

All the ones I saw in South Africa that actually came from DSWA had this stamp (different numbers of course...)

That's a great bayonet! You're right from what I've seen the DSWA bayonets have KS for Kaiserliche Schutztruppe, while East African ones are marked DOA and Cameroon ones are marked KA.

Cheers

Chris

• 3 years later...

from what I've seen the DSWA bayonets have KS for Kaiserliche Schutztruppe, while East African ones are marked DOA and Cameroon ones are marked KA.

Cheers

Chris

I was a bit wrong there. DSWA bayonets are indeed marked KS + weapon number, but East African ones are marked Sch. DOA + weapon number and Cameroon are marked either Sch.K or SK + weapon number. KA markings have been seen on bayonet frogs and are believed to refer to the Kolonialamt, Colonial Office. There's plenty more on colonial bayonets at www.germancolonialuniforms.co.uk

Cheers

Chris