News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

fire police buckle

Hey gang! Thought I'd show my newest buckle. A nicely worn two piece (unmarked) Fire/Police buckle that has been burnished in black. Now I have all three: a police buckle, a harbour police buckle and this fire/police buckle.

She's a welcome addition to my collection so I thought I'd share some pics with you guys!

Cheers!

[attachmentid=53101]

• 9 months later...

Missed seeing this the first time around. Congrats. nice set! Really like the fire police buckle!

--dj--Joe

I have never seen a black burnished buckle before. Was this a common practice?

Thanks guys! Paul...to answer your question: the only example that I know of is this type of police buckle. I can't recall seeing any other buckles that were done this way! These are not as common as the regular police buckles. Glad you like 'em guys!

Cheers!

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Hey gang! I've done a little work and found out that there were more examples of buckles that were aluminum and burnished in black. There's a perfect example on page 647 of Angolia's buckles and brocades book that shows a National forestry official's buckle that is also burnished in black.

So, that being said, there must be even more examples of buckles that have this burnish to them.

Cheers!

Rob