News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest WAR LORD

Not quite, what about the reverse colours of the medals? Austrian in Bronze, Memel in Silver and Sudeten in Silver?

Guest WAR LORD

I'll second that one. ohmy.gif

The medals are found in the reverse colours. I have the Austrian and Memel in this way and have seen the Sudeten in the same manner. These are not unfinnished or maker fault. I have tried to find out the perpouse but as yet non has come to light. One theroy is that they are for the people who supported the activities in the country. But only one possible explanation. I will post the medals when I have the time to get them. Any other sugestions would be most welcome. Possibly Rick you could trawl up something.

Guest WAR LORD

The idea is great, but the reverse colours are on the correct ribbons. Also there is a little extra, but this comes later. Investigating has to have a little "mystery".

• 2 weeks later...
    Guest WAR LORD

The Czeck medal in silver is on the bar to J?rgen Freiherr von Maercken zu Geerath who was awarded his KC as Oblt. in 1/Pz. Rgt. 36 (14. Pz. Div.) on 17/09/41.The group is with his Daughter. The reverse has a taylors label for the court taylor in Hannover. His wife who is still alive dose not know why the medal is such, but has always been this way.

Guest Rick Research

Definitely need full screen sized focussed closeups. Can't tell a thing about finish or lack thereof from the tiny fuzzy scans.