News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andy,

Here's one for comparison. The suspension ring is probably resoldered, but the details are stunning. Although I collect minis, I'm still looking for the 2nd class 16mm in both classes. The ones I've seen though, didn't lack the quality of their bigger brothers. I'm not quite sure I see that quality in your's, but as always, that's just me wink.gif . Btw, what happened to the ribbon on the WMM tongue.gif

KR

Peter

Like I said, mine is probably resoldered. The ones illustrated in Messing's book are all with the same suspension setup as your's, contrary to the ones in full size. I don't think there is a general rule on thism merely variations. Here are two similar medals with different setup.

KR

Peter

Guest Rick Research

Can't get the ring to show because the lapel ribbon bow is in the way, but same style as what shows partially on the "white-black" 1914 noncombatant EK2:

Rick, that's the quality I was referring to, thanks for sharing love.gif .

Now that we're on the subject suspension rings, here are some reflections of mine. Gordon showed a beautiful RK of the KVK miniature in a previous thread.

That one featured the angled bars characteristic for the RK. I've noticed crosses for sale on various sites that had the normal suspension ring and attached to a similar button as Gordon's, being offered as RK's. I believe these are not correct, rather 1st class KVK's, initially manufactured for wear on a chain, mounted on a button to increase the value.

KR

Peter