News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here is my badge it is identical to yours and they were trying to say it was not correct it is has the same die stamp in the well to the right as yours does the same clasp the same maker mark but in line it is a dead ringer the same thing made by the same die it has the same well error to the right so what can the experts say now LOL I finally found a match!!!!!!

Mine is a match to yours with the exception of the cut out and name where are the experts now?

Very good ! Notice the tiny stain on the silk just to the lower right. Same one.. Anyway, I've dumped the case and the badge....

All the best...

Mike W.

So here is a match to my badge the well die mark to the right of the hinge is identical these two badges were made from the same die because the die had a diff on the right in the well My dimensions are the same as his my ribbon ends or chicken feet are identical my Carl P?llath/Poellath Silber is the same but mine is in line.So you seem to be the seinor authority here now we have two matching badges from the same die but mine is cut out what do you think about that? People knocked my piece but low and beold no one mentioned this badge nor did they notice the diff in the well to the right the hinge and pin and ribbon everything the same.Now I am on to something would you care to add anything ? Thank you and take care.

I think its absurd to discuss this badge. The bavarian badges are a mine field. I think no one can definitely say what is genuine what private purchase and what is a post war production and wich one is modern make. If someone like his badge and think is genuine, so what. There are a lot of assertions but no facts.

For me i don't buy any bavarian aviation badges more, only they come directly from the family and it looks good in me eyes.

@VINLAND30

If you and your friend like this badge it's OK. Not all people share the same opinon but if you feel confident its your problem.

Regards Alex

And as an aside..... the general consensus amongst more advanced collectors is that 99% of the badges floating about the market with this die defect are copies......

Good luck with your collecting, I have a badge for you, it will cost you 10,000,000. USD.......... therefore, it MUST be real! It has a holographic laser etched image of the Red Baron on the back as well as his name engraved. The front has his triplane, not the usual plane.... It was a special jeweler made gift from his Mummy and pried from his still burning corpse by my great, great grandfather Edward Newman, who fought for the Canadians during WW1. Few people realized it was Edward's bullet that actually killed the evil Red Baron.... hence his being given the honor of pillaging from the body.

Upon receipt of a 25% deposit, wired to my bank in the Bahamas I will forward you scans of the badge. Upon receipt of the second 25% wired to my bank I will send you scans of the reverse of the badge. Upon receipt of your final payment, I will send you an absolutely worthless, modern-made piece of crap and laugh whilst you brag amongst your friends how you "took me for a ride" on this one.

I mean, it was 10 Bajillion-Million dollars...... it MUST be real! :rolleyes:

Wow! This is wild!

It has been over two years and I return to discover that the thread I started over two years ago has been revived! Vinland30, I have done a pile of research on these Bavarian badges and had come to the conclusion the ones with the die flaw in the pin well are reproductions. I had purchased the Bavarian badge from Kenneth Greenfield (Der Rittmeister) and after three years, he gave me a cheerful refund. The case I had the Bavarian pilot badge in was purchased on eBay. I sold it to Ken.

All the best ...

Mike W.

Edited by Gunther Beckmann