News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Beverloo postcards

Jef

Jef,

Thank you very much for the great images.

I have a number of Milit?rp?sse with Beverloo stamps in them, I just wish I knew more about Beverloo itself.

All I have found so far is a little information in Cron and a few fragments of information on the Internet. If I understand things correctly, it was used by the Germans as a training and distribution centre for fresh troops coming from Germany before they joined their final units or were sent to divisional field recruit depots. Many previously wounded troops returning to the front after convalescing in Germany also seem to have passed through Beverloo, too.

Most of my photos, notes and books are packed ready for a forthcoming move, but I will dig them out and get back to "Beverloo" as soon as possible.

The postcards I have that were sent back to Germany as field post letters mostly seem to be old Belgian stock, sometimes with the captions in German and French. Does anyone else have any more images of Beverloo?

Thanks in advance,

David

Hello David,

Still have some Beverlo pics, but had some difficulty in sending it.

As I can see Camp Beverlo was in Leopoldsburg ( province of Limburg, french name Bourg- Leopold) It was used by the Belgian Army before WWI. During WWI and II it was used by the Germans. Between the wars and uptill now it is still used by the Belgian Forces.

Jef[attachmentid=56806]

Jef,

Thanks for showing another interesting image.

If I recall correctly, the Belgian army still has an armoured unit training centre there (Leopard 2, etc.).

Does anyone have any contacts to forces stationed there? It would be interesting to see what the place looks like today.

David

Jef,

Thanks for showing another interesting image.

If I recall correctly, the Belgian army still has an armoured unit training centre there (Leopard 2, etc.).

Does anyone have any contacts to forces stationed there? It would be interesting to see what the place looks like today.

David

Hello David,

I'm afraid i don't have any info about the modern Belgian Army, but if you are looking in GOOGLE using "Kazerne Leopoldsburg", i'm sure you find a lot of information.

succes,

Jef