News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I don't like this L15 marked one either. It is marked for Schickle, but the pic below is is the type of badge made by Schickle and shown in their catalogue.

Hello Gordon

I was , and I am very doubtful about this badge . I have ever seen Schickle badges with cutout swastika ,the wide flat pin is uncommom but insignificant . What do you think , to buy it or not ?

yours sincerely

giorgio

• 2 weeks later...

I've just had a thought. The L/18 badges comes in two styles. The early one is of the Schickle/Zimmermann style but the later zinc model is of the FO style.

Maybe its just possible that Schickle too changed from the same early style in tombak, to the same FO style in zinc ??

As far as I believe, the Floch made U-Boat badges are the tombak Frank & Reif marked pieces, I haven't heard of a Floch U-Boat badge in zinc.

Hello Gordon

As usual you are far ahead of every one in brillant ideas . The issue you raise is rather intrigning and not trivial at all .

In my opinion your remark is well-grounded : as a matter of fact style variations should not be thought of as outstanding or unusual.

I hope that the matter , once raised, will be further investigated (last but not least thanks to the book you are giving to publish)

Good luck !

yours sincerely

giorgio

PS : sorry for my english