News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Heer/Luftwaffe FJ Group gets ?46,000.00

The Haug group estimated at ?12,500.00 in the Hermann Historica auction that just took placed realised ?46,000.00. The group included Haug's .800 silver Type 2 Army Para Badge and a cased, worn aluminium example. That's ?46,000.00 plus 20% fees. Maybe I should think about reinsuring some of my FJ groups, including the Scheu SS-FJ lot. Jesus! The world has gone mad. The buyer must have really, really wanted the Haug group because it wasn't even complete.

PK

• 2 weeks later...

The Haug group estimated at ?12,500.00 in the Hermann Historica auction that just took placed realised ?46,000.00. The group included Haug's .800 silver Type 2 Army Para Badge and a cased, worn aluminium example. That's ?46,000.00 plus 20% fees. Maybe I should think about reinsuring some of my FJ groups, including the Scheu SS-FJ lot. Jesus! The world has gone mad. The buyer must have really, really wanted the Haug group because it wasn't even complete.

PK

I called in at Hermann Historica to take a look at this grouping and decided not to bid. Good job, as I wouldn't have bid so much anyway. For the price to have reached ?46k there would have been two people desperate to get it.

Stan

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but the group seems to have been incomplete and some of the awards had been added. The silver badge was genuine, of course, and so were the documents. So was the aluminium badge although the case looked like a copy. Some documents that Haug would surely have had were missing and a couple of people have mentioned that other pieces were not with the group when it came out of the family. Don't know how true that is. It's still a cracking group but not worth ?46,000.00, plus the 20% commission. The guy will be lucky to see his money back if he ever needs to move it on. The market for this stuff is very, very limited. Perhaps half a dozen potential buyers in the world at most. It's like SS-FJ groups.

PK