News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What medal was this " Hausorden der Familie G?ring f?r Treue"

hello all,

I dont know if this is the right forum to ask this, if not, please excuse me.

looking for some items in the website Galerie d?Histoire - Andr? H?sken I found this " Hausorden der Familie G?ring f?r Treue" so I am wondering what kind of medal was this??? a private " order" of Goering?? or official award??

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

Hello Humberto,

Seems that this thread did not get the attention it does deserve, the so caleld "Hausorde .... HG" is a strange beast indeed.

I have no acces towards my literature but iff not mistaking i think that there was a article on these in the Patzwall magazine. That can be found for sure on the website of Patzwall.

As far as i do know it was a non official recognition from HG, he was after all very crazy about juwelery + keep in mind that such a thing was in earlyer times something that was rather for royal houses. In that way he was rather equal towards Napoleon. They both adopted certain symbols to create a myth arround them .

For example:

* Napoleon = adopted many symbols from Roman Times etc ...

* Herm G?ring = he adopted also many symbols and in that it fitted to make a so called 'House Order", in that way he could use the system of awarding orders to get a certain shine and create a sort of medieval brotehrship.

Very interesting when you think on this.

Cordial greetings,

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Humberto,

Seems that this thread did not get the attention it does deserve, the so caleld "Hausorde .... HG" is a strange beast indeed.

I have no acces towards my literature but iff not mistaking i think that there was a article on these in the Patzwall magazine. That can be found for sure on the website of Patzwall.

As far as i do know it was a non official recognition from HG, he was after all very crazy about juwelery + keep in mind that such a thing was in earlyer times something that was rather for royal houses. In that way he was rather equal towards Napoleon. They both adopted certain symbols to create a myth arround them .

For example:

* Napoleon = adopted many symbols from Roman Times etc ...

* Herm G?ring = he adopted also many symbols and in that it fitted to make a so called 'House Order", in that way he could use the system of awarding orders to get a certain shine and create a sort of medieval brotehrship.

Very interesting when you think on this.

Cordial greetings,

Hello Stijn,

thank you for your reply, very interested in deed, I think that were not many examples ( if this was not a unique one) of non official personal medals awarded by the high ranking members during the third reich.

any idea of to who/how many were awarded??

do you know another non official personal award like this??

Cordial Greetings,

Humberto

Edited by Humberto Corado

I think many kings, princes etc had little "doodads" they gave out as a sign of appreciation, either as engraved snuff boxes, or unofficial pin on awards. Not to be worn on any uniform of course.

I heard every baker and candy shop owner near carinhall got these ;-)

Very funny!!! your right :cheeky:

Edited by Humberto Corado