News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Didn't recognize it from the lower row.

Mhh, I did.

And as silly as it sounds, pity this one wasn't stolen. Would have been nice to see something from that stuff coming up... ;)

:catjava:

• 3 weeks later...

btt... ;)

PPS:

Rick, regarding your bar from #17: I'd take it. Well, seriously (sure, I'd take it even seriously :P ). What I actually wanted to write: are you sure that is a Lippe house order? Baden's Berthold Order used the same or a very similar ribbon. I've hardly ever seen a "Berthold" in a mounted group, but any Z?hringer with swords should outrank a Berthold without...

PPPS:

if that was the clue, I'd say the bar is the prize for solving the mystery.

:catjava:

Ricky, why so silent? I guess it was the clue, wasn't it?

If it wasn't you may even try it with Baden's "Erinnerungszeichen f?r 1906"...

:sleep:

• 2 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

Sascha:

New suspect for your 11 ribbon bar:

Imperial navy char. Kapitän zS aD/ Kriegsmarine Kapitän zS zV Gustav von Stosch (1876-1961).

Why "army red"? Because he was for much of the war in Feldgrau--

Commander of II./ 5. Matrosen Rgt August 1915 to May 1916

1st Adjutant of Marinekorps Flandern (blue or gray uniforms?) May 1916 to July 1917

Commander 6. Matrosen Rgt October 1918 to end

HOH3X 27.10.17 (Commander Torpedo Boats, Flanders)

BZ3aX 27.9.16

LüH 6.6.17

I cannot confiurm a China, the Hamburg--though 'everybody" got THAT, or the TH.

The TH is not so "weird"-- I have one to a Mecklenburg cavalry Oberleutnant dR who was a mere Ordonnanzoffizier for a Marine Division... in Flanders.

Look for a wartime history of 5. MR or 6. MR with his photo in Feldgrau.... or hanging around next to Admiral von Schröder.

lol Rick --- look at my post #6...., two years ago :P

Ooooh, Mr. Rick's getting old... but still is good...

:beer:

I've been working with the DOA for some times yet and... well, listing two of three awards does not mean anything. I found one that listet just one of his three awards.

:banger:

Guest Rick Research

Ha, I just added on to the end of this thread without going back to the start because...

I have had horrible Sascha's ribbon bar on my Things To Do screen ALL this time. :rolleyes:

:beer: