News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Two Maker Marked EK2s. MMs '55' & '65'

Hello

I've just received two nice maker marked EK2s, both of which are, in my opinion, text book examples of each manufacturers work. I apologise for the poor photos, but with the exception of the shot of the rear of the '55', I had to use flashlight rather than natural daylight.

First up is a '55' marked cross, J E Hammer & Sohne, Geringswalde. Although it doesn't show to well in the photos, there are numerous die flaws visible on the rims. Overall not in bad condition. The cross measures 43.99mm x 44.12mm.

The second one is (yet) another '65' marked cross, Klein und Quenzer, Idar Oberstein. This one is in pretty good condition and measures 44.57mm x 44.53mm. I don't know what it is with these K&Qs, but I seem to keep buying them.

As usual, any comments or observations welcomed.

Thanks.

Nice crosses David! :beer:

The 55 has the frame flaws one expects to see on these, with the "squished" beading. (haha not exactly a very technical term) And both in great shape, congrats!

Kind Regards,

Steve

Edited by stevo4361

• 2 months later...