News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

This OZL was awarded 14.01.1916 towards Leutnant Morath - unit listed: fu?artillerie-batterei nr. 361

Please also find his EK 2 + his small ribbon bar.

No further awards are known,etc ... but at least the history behind this beauty is known or we have a strartingpoint for research.

Cordial greetings,

Hello,

Thank you both for the comments, i am surprised by the way these are constructed. No picture can show it.

This one did strike me due to the way it is conserved + because it has a background (WP from the original recipient is also with it) .

I have been looking for quite some times for such a beauty (OZL), they have become more and more expensive and i am just as happy with only one => hopefully it can multiply but iff not, just as well :cheeky:

Cordial greetings,

Hello,

And here we have the former owner (picture is from his Wehrpass - arround 1940)

As far as i do know at this point he did his duty during WWI and was to be found on the following tehaters of war:

1915 : Hartsmannwillerkopf

1916 :Verdun

1917 : Arras

Then 1918 no other trace to be found - only that he was demobilized ahort after the end of WWI.

I do know that he received 2 awards and thats it (the 2 shown in this thread), hopefully research will bring more about this person as it is always nice to see a order come alive again - especially when it does hold such beauty :love:

Obviously a older man (at that time 55 years old) and a smart guy / Professor (altough it is unclear for me in what)

Cordial greetings,

Edited by Stijn David