News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Officer with Glory

Guest RedThreat

Guest RedThreat

Any theories on this pic? Is it a simple case of a private who earned Glory and later became an officer or do we have a pic of an officer who "did time" in shtrafbat? If I am not mistaken, this uniform was worn in the late 1940's. It was hard at that time for a private to make an officer because an army already had an excess of cadres.

Simon

Guest RedThreat

Which Otlichnik badge is he wearing from enlisted rank days? I can't make out the emblem in the center of it.

Rick,

The seller wrote "Scout."

Doc,

Only Air Force J. Lt. could get Glory. In other branches, Glory was strictly for privates and sergeants.

Cheers,

Simon

Rick,

The seller wrote "Scout."

Doc,

Only Air Force J. Lt. could get Glory. In other branches, Glory was strictly for privates and sergeants.

Cheers,

Simon

Simon,

Thank You!! I thought that all Jr. Lt. were eligible for the OoG. Once again, I learned something new.

:beer: Doc

Dear Simon,

where lies the problem with the young officer & his Glory?

He looks very bright & clever at the photograph and his 3 awards for personal valour + the scout-badge document, that he had to be a "wise" guy in a tricky business.

My theory is, that he went after the GPW to an officers school and finished as a lieutenant - just the normal way.

There are still not few Colonels or Majors among the GPW-veterans, who are Cavaliers of the Order of Glory ;) .

Best regards

Christian

Guest RedThreat

Simon,

Thank You!! I thought that all Jr. Lt. were eligible for the OoG. Once again, I learned something new.

Doc

Doc, :beer:

Christian,

There is no problem. I simply got overexcited when I saw a young officer with private's awards. I thought I found a pic of an officer who was temporarily demoted and served as a private in shtrafbat.

Cheers,

Simon