News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dragoon Regt No.7 Dress Sword

Alright, I do not have the images of the blade posted here yet :( . If anyone is interested I will attach them later on. It is double engraved to Dragoner Hermann 1 Esk. Westf. Drag. Reg. No7. The degen was a gift to my father from a Luftwaffe officer in WW2. My uncle somehow lost the ferrule and a throat screw sometime after the war and now my father wants me to find replacements. Can anyone help out?

Plain brass Ferrule and a steel or iron Throat screw..Please PM me.

Thanks...from Dad! :blush:

[attachmentid=62210]

By the way, this knot did not come on the sword but Dad thinks he put it on during the war.... so the question begs, is it a WW2 german sword knot (possibly Luftwaffe?) or post war? He can't remember where/when he got it. Silver with a dark blue woven throughout.

Enjoy?

[attachmentid=62212]

By the way, this knot did not come on the sword but Dad thinks he put it on during the war.... so the question begs, is it a WW2 german sword knot (possibly Luftwaffe?) or post war? He can't remember where/when he got it. Silver with a dark blue woven throughout.

Enjoy?

[attachmentid=62212]

I'm certainly the last person who should be answering this because I don't know much about this subject, but from the colors of this sword knot, I'd say it's an officer's knot from the Kingdom of Bavaria (blue & white).

Edited by Mike Dwyer

I'm certainly the last person who should be answering this because I don't know much about this subject, but from the colors of this sword knot, I'd say it's an officer's knot from the Kingdom of Bavaria (blue & white).

Hello Mike.

Thanks for the thoughts. As it is very clean and more of that Third reich aluminum colour other than the "patinated" silver that imperial items take on, I was thinking more along the lines of branch colour. Waffenfarbe.

Still, I had not thought of a Bavarian connection. :blush:

hi,

how did the ferrule come off,does the sword strip or has the ferrule split and come off?. could be difficult fitting a replacement if you found one if the grip does not remove,maybe buy /make one,split in half /refix and join,although id probably leave as is myself.sometimes grips remove ok ,sometimes open a can of worms,then need new fixings to refit grip.

mustang

hi,

how did the ferrule come off,does the sword strip or has the ferrule split and come off?. could be difficult fitting a replacement if you found one if the grip does not remove,maybe buy /make one,split in half /refix and join,although id probably leave as is myself.sometimes grips remove ok ,sometimes open a can of worms,then need new fixings to refit grip.

mustang

Hello Mustang.

The sword strips quite easily. Reassembles good and tight as well. Overall in very good condition with the exception of two missing parts. Johnson References Books (www.johnsonreferencebooks.com) has some fancy ferrules with oakleaves on them...more for the TR crowd. You are probably correct, I will have to get one milled but was hoping for a contempoary piece. I have seen some of these swords converted into Candle holders :mad: , that would have been a perfect source. Why my uncle removed said piece is beyond me.

Thanks for your input :beer:

Henry