News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kriegsmarine Breast Eagles

Guest Darrell

I received these in a recent inheritance. Of note ... the gold Bullion Eagle was one of two that my uncle had. He gave me one 30 years ago and kept the other for himself. This one is the one he kept for himself.

Guest Darrell

Here is the second one. It is the type sewn onto a rectangular silk patch. Very detailed features on these.

Guest Darrell

Does anyone have any idea what grade / class or rank the above eagles were issued to? What type uniforms etc. were they typically worn on? Thanks.

The hand embroidered one is the type typically worn by NCOs on the reefer jacket, the other is the standard BeVo weave enlisted mans eagle used mostly on the blue pullover shirt.

I have the identical hand embroidered piece with the original makers label still attached to the reverse, I'll post it later for comparison.

Guest Darrell

Thanks Gordon... beer.gif

For my own info .. would you know what each is worth approximately?

Edited by Darrell

Guest Darrell

Very nice Gordon. Yes they are close to the same. Do you have an example that would be worn on a Commanding Officers tunic?

These heavy cellulose thread hand embroidered pieces were worn by both officers and NCOs. It is generally considered that those like the ones on this page, with black highlight threads, are NCO and those in all golden yellow thread with no black highlight threads are officer.

Of course the hand embroidered gold wire versions like this were also worn by officers - and NCOs.

Very nice Gordon. Yes they are close to the same. Do you have an example that would be worn on a Commanding Officers tunic?

Guest Darrell

These heavy cellulose thread hand embroidered pieces were worn by both officers and NCOs. It is generally considered that those like the ones on this page, with black highlight threads, are NCO and those in all golden yellow thread with no black highlight threads are officer.

Of course the hand embroidered gold wire versions like this were also worn by officers - and NCOs.

Ok. Thanks for the picture. I'd seen the type you last posted awarded to officers.

• 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

An extreme closeup, showing the similarity with spun wire bullion to make this sparkle and twinkle in light-- but it is all celluleon with thread detailing.