News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

can someone tell me if this helmet is authentic?

• 3 weeks later...

That is an M42 style helmet, maybe a Spanish one. M42s should normally be slate gray not apple green and most were single decal, if any. The helmet paint, liner , chinstrap and decals are all wrong. :angry:

Dan

Didn't the M42 modelo Z have a bracket welded to the front? I think the pre M42 helmets (or civil war Modelo Z) used by the Spanish were minus the badge bracket.

Just remembered this site http://www.cascoscoleccion.com/espana/espana.htm

Tony

this looks to me like an original that has been restored later

Hallo Albania :beer:

can you give us a little information on the helmet, was it obtained in Albania? if the helmet has been obtained locally in Albania, is there any history of the Albanian Police / Army using surplus German helmets after WW2?

And finaly might it have been used as a movie / Theatre prop.?

The bolt with the line in the front is a replacement for the original rivet, which is very evident as is the over size marking.,

Sorry for so many questions :unsure:

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

hello!Finally I chose the rebus. this helmet is original WW2 german helmet. During communism in Albania the kinostudio or the movie production studio did a lot of movies with ww 2 theme. This helmet was in a very bad condition so they took it and restored it to look good for the movie, but still remain authentic. isnt it? anyways thanks because most of your comments fit the truth. quality thread and quality detectives.

best regards

albania