News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Department of Transportation Medals

Guest Darrell

Guest Darrell

These are surprisingly difficult to find now days. Not offered on e-bay everyday that's for sure.

Edited by Darrell

Guest Darrell

I have NEVER seen these on Ebay. You are still missing the bronze one? Now... these will never be awarded to Coast Guard members again.

Paul, I believe the Bronze one is the "Superior" Service? Yes I am ... :unsure:

• 1 year later...
    Guest Darrell

Finally got the Superior Achievement Medal today. This has to be the hardest of these Achievement Medals to find. Very Rare.

DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION - Superior Achievement Medal

Obverse:

• 2 months later...
    Guest Darrell

Department of Transportation - Railroad Medal for Valor

The following is a medal you don't see every day, and I'm sure not many knew of it's existence.

U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Railroad Administration Medal of Honor. Federal Regulation 49 U.S.C. 80504, authorizes the President of the United States to award a bronze medal for bravery to any person who, by extreme daring, risks his/her life in trying to prevent, or to save the life of a person in, a grave accident/incident in the United States that involves an interstate rail carrier or a motor vehicle being operated on public highways. The actions for which the medal may be awarded must reflect such unusual daring and bravery that a person would not normally be expected to perform them as a regular part of his/her regular work or vocation. A similar medal is awarded by the Federal Highway Administration. Both are awarded by the Secretary of Transportation on behalf of the President.

This medal is HUGE. The pendant measures 44mm diameter and the overall length from Pendant to ribbon pin bar is 125mm !

Obverse:

Edited by Darrell