News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Death Card with mention of Spanish Cufftitle 1936-1939.

Vincent

Hello all,

This is my first post here so I figured that it would be best to start off with a photo of an item from my collection.

This a Funeral Card for Stabsgefreiter Johann Endris of a Panzer Lehr Regiment.

Johann was awarded the Sudeten Medal, the Ostmedaille, and most importantly the Spanish Cufftitle or Spanienbandes.

Johann fell after heavy fighting in the East on January 23, 1943.

One my my main collecting areas is Funeral Cards.

I hope that you enjoy the scans.

As a side note, if anyone would like to see more Death Cards/Funeral Cards, I will be more than happy to post them in the correct categories.

Best,

Vincent

Hi,

This cufftitlte was a tradition badge and not an award. this soldier probably didn't take part to the Spanish war, and was enlisted to the Pz.Lehr .Rgt which was entitled to wear this cufftitle. For that reason, it is really interesting to see this cufftilte mentionned on the death card.

Jacques

Hi Sal-

I do have one card with mention of the Spanish Cross - the grade is not mentioned.

It is hard to make out in the scan, but it appears to be a Bronze with Swords.

The Death Card is for Hans Sengmueller, Oberfeldwebel in a Paratroop. Regiment.

Awarded the Spanish Cross, KVK, and Gold HJ Badge.

Died December 4, 1944 in an aerial attack in Wiesbaden at the age of 31.

Do you have any info on him in your list?

Best,

Vincent

Hi Sal-

My pleasure, do you have any more info on him that you could provide?

If you would like to see other death cards, please let me know.

Best,

Vincent

Hi Vincent, no I don't have any other info on him but if you try the reasearch section of the forum those boys are quite amazing and you never know what they might dig up. Also if you post it on the fallschirmjaeger section of WAF they might have more info on him as well.

I am interested to see any documents concerning the legion condor if you have more!