News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Shoulderboards from I.R. Nr. 72

Christophe,

That is a beautiful wartime pair of boards from a relatively hard regiment to find examples from. Congratulations. Here, just for interest's sake, are two enlisted man's examples. One from the Dunkelblau uniform and a M1915 example.

Chip

Edited by Chip

Beautiful shoulderboards! :jumping:

But, I have to ask.............on the color plates of regimental shoulder boards that I have, I thought it listed all regiments that had special cyphers on their boards. The list skips from I.R. Nr. 53 to I.R. Nr. 80. Does this mean I.R. Nr. 72 was given their cypher after the plates were published, or did the plates just leave them out? :speechless:

Mike,

Your first guess is correct. The cyphered strap for the I.R.72 was not instituted until August 16, 1912, which means that it existed for a much shorter time span than most other regimental cyphers. Dunkelblau versions and the M07/10 field gray, red piped example for enlisted men, would only have been made for three years.

Chip

P.S. Your list would therefore also be missing several more infantry cyphers created between 1913-1918.

Edited by Chip