News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some help identifying one man's service

A couple of years ago I bought a lot of photos, many were different but a group contained the same man. I would like to piece together some of this man's life by the photos I have, to find out his unit, rank, where he was likely to have served. The photos appear to cover a few years. I would appreciate any help with translation or any information.

After going through some more photos I discovered some more of him. Here the photo, dated 1.6.40 shows him with his recently awarded EKII, and the ribbon bar is clearer showing the 4year service and Sudetenland ribbon bar. Based on the brief synopsis I read of IR 76, he would have been likely to have won his EK in France or the Low countries. I assume he may have been sent East to the Ukraine in 1941. The writing on the reverse of one of the earlier photos shown above is the last dated photo 1941 that I have of him, if anyone could translate it I would be very appreciative.