News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

DearGents

Sometime ago I presented my site to you. I made some mayor changes a few weeks later because I was not really happy with the way I handled it. Anyway, here is a second try. I mainly focussed on the rule of Kurf?rst Wilhelm II. these last months and although not finished yet, I place a link to the page which holds the data I gathered so far.

I would like to know how you think I am progressing with my project as it is.

Besides the data you will find already, I am also thinking of adding the dates on which the Kurf?rst would allow one of his subjects to wear a previously received foreign order. I do not know if this is common practice or not. I do think it adds something. Especially when we look of the example of the imperial french legion d'honneur here. It was awarded during the time of the occupation by Napoleon. The restored Kurf?rst Wilhelm I. (ruled 1814-1821) did not allow his subject to wear this medal, because he did not recognise the service of his men under foreign rule (1806-1813). Lateron his son Wilhelm II. started allowing the waering of the FEL, as the restored french kings continued the award.

Anyway, I think my new try is nicer then before. Tell me what you think!! And please be nice, as it is chrismas! :unsure:

Merry christmas and a happy new year! :cheers:

David

Link: http://www.virtute-et-fidelitate.net/

choose Wilhelm II. 1821-1831 in the menu on the left side of the screen

I have been working on pictures today. I updated the frontpage of the site and added a picture of Wilhelm II. on his webpage and of Johann Philipp Bauer, Generallieutenant at the page of his son (access via medalbars in the left-menu)

Edited by David M