News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WW2 soldbuch and questions

I recently picked up this soldbuch and a wehrpas. I can speak and read some german and have pretty much figured out the wehrpas. But my german is rusty and the person I go for help (mother) eyes aren't to good these days. I know that this individual served in a construction company and saw duty in the eastern front. I also know that he recieved the Eastern Front medal. He was also issued a K98K with bayonet, and the other normal issue items. I still have several pages that I'm working on translating and any help from fellow collectors would be great.

first pic is of the awards he recieved.

Edited by armybrat43

Here's what I can add:

Post 4: 14 July 1942 winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille) Verliehen durch Batt. ?? Nr. 110 p. 14.7.42 ?.(the rest I can?t figure out).

Post 6: His promotion page. #1 looks like Pionier, 2 is Gefreiten, 3 is obergefreiten, and 4 says ?Promotion? but doesn?t give a rank. ?Datum? is obviously the date of promotion. The ?Truppenteil? column gives his unit of assignment at the time.

Post 8: History of medical treatment in field hospitals. First is for hepatitis, second is for a wound or illness, code #17. There?s lists of what the various numbers stand for, but I don?t have a link handy.

Post 9: Release date, special notes, and signature of person who released him from field hospital.

Post 10: I believe this is a record of pay received.

Here's what I can add:

Post 4: 14 July 1942 winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille) Verliehen durch Batt. ?? Nr. 110 p. 14.7.42 ?.(the rest I can?t figure out).

Post 6: His promotion page. #1 looks like Pionier, 2 is Gefreiten, 3 is obergefreiten, and 4 says ?Promotion? but doesn?t give a rank. ?Datum? is obviously the date of promotion. The ?Truppenteil? column gives his unit of assignment at the time.

Post 8: History of medical treatment in field hospitals. First is for hepatitis, second is for a wound or illness, code #17. There?s lists of what the various numbers stand for, but I don?t have a link handy.

Post 9: Release date, special notes, and signature of person who released him from field hospital.

Post 10: I believe this is a record of pay received.

Medical codes link:

MEDICAL CODES

Robert

• 1 month later...

Post 1/4:

Verliehene Auszeichnungen:

14.7.42 "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42"

(Ostmedaille)

Verliehen durch Batl. Befehl Nr. 110 p. 14.7.42

des Br?. Bau Batl. (Ing) 210 [= Br?cken Bau Bataillon -> Bridge Building Battallion]

Post 3:

Verspr. Sam. Stelle 344 ID [ = Versprengten Sammelstelle -> Dispersed Soldiers Collecting Point]

Post 6:

1. umge?ndert von Soldat in Pionier 3./II. 41 2./Br?ckenbaubataillon 310 [changed from "Soldier" to "Engineer"]

2. Laut Komp. Befehl d. 6.11.41 zum Gefreiten bef?rdert 20.XI.41 2./Br?ckenbaubataillon 310 [Promoted by Company's order to "Gefreiter"]

3. Batl. Befehl 243 d. 24.12.1942 zum Obergefreiten 28.12.42 [by battallions order to "Obergefreiter"]

4. Bef?rderung 1.12.44 Bnislo(?) B 671 [Promotion]

Post 7 (unknown page 2): is about changed Equipment

schwarz = Zugang [black = addition]

rot = Abgang [red = withdrawal]

1 gek. lis.(?) Portion [deleted and replaced by:] eingezogen erhalten 436144 Gefr. Hle(?) [1 cut ??? portion (replaced by "withdrawn") received...]

Post 8 -> see Hankmeister

Post 9 -> see Hankmeister

24.10.43 Simferopol

5.1.44 k.v. [kriegsverwendungsf?hig] nach Url. v. 5,- 20.1.44 zu ???. Truppe [fit for war service, after holiday back to his unit]

hope this helped...

Ciao,

Daniel

Edited by Mabuse