News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

fallschirmjager des heeres

Those are very interesting pieces. I am not an expert on these, so I wait the words of persons more interested in these early and RARE straps. Also, I will move these to the Heer section, as these FJ Straps belonged to a Heer FJ unit!

Regards

Paul

hello paul

thanks i have also a high resolution picture of these.

i have too made them very small with no lots of detail.

the straps have had all the tests and have some mott damage on the back.

regards johan

Those are very interesting pieces. I am not an expert on these, so I wait the words of persons more interested in these early and RARE straps. Also, I will move these to the Heer section, as these FJ Straps belonged to a Heer FJ unit!

Regards

Paul

Difficult. There were two types of Fallschirm-Infanterie shoulderstraps for Other Ranks: the earlier type bore a chain-stiched "FI" monogram and the later type was embroidered. The "FI" straps were only extant for six months, from 23.6.1938, after the FIK was enlarged to battalion strength on 1.1.1938, to January 1st 1939, when the FIB was transferred to the Luftwaffe as II./Fallschirmj?ger-Rgt 1. Up to then, FIK men had worn the Lehr "L" monogram. The very first "FI" straps were pointed, the more modern rounded style appearing towards the autumn of 1938.

There have been attempts to fake these, the most dangerous involving genuine Heer infantry shoulderstraps unpicked, embroidered and restitched. As I look at these, I have to say that the monograms are not exactly like those on the three original examples I have seen. They are close but not quite the same. There again, this could just be a trick of the lens or the angle. The point is that there would have been just one or two production runs of the shoulderstraps, the runs being sub-divided into straps for Privates, Junior NCOs and Senior NCOs, with the tresse applied accordingly during final assembly. One embroidery machine, one template, one or two production runs...identical monograms all the way.

The best person to consult would be Eric Queen, of course. As I said, extremely hard to say without a physical examination. Where did your friend find them?

PK

Edited by PKeating