News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

At the height of my passion for Saxon's Saint Henry order, this wonderful bar appeared on eBay in Germany..... take a hard look at the SHRK...... the auction was pulled, probably due to a cash offer, or maybe it was a ll a joke anyway. In any event, the bar has not surfaced again. Does anybody know where it is???

Care to comment on the bar and why it's so interesting?

Hello Stogieman:

Unfortunately, I don't know where the bar is, so I can't contribute in this regard.

The SHRK is made of gold and is an awarded piece of Freedom-War (Napoleonic War) vintage. Very nice and not found on the market too often! I'm still looking for one myself!

I can see why the piece disappeared so fast!

Best regards,

"SPM"

Guest Rick Research

Kudos! :cheers:

Which makes one wonder what the Saint Henry MEDAL was on there that some doofus pulled off as "more interesting" than that ugly OLD St Henry-Knight. :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

I still wonder on this. Such a perfect example of regulation. Turned in by the family, this pre-1820 Knight's cross was re-issued by the Saxon Orders Chancellry, just like it was supposed to be...... But what a piece to re-issue... one wonders if anyone realized it before the recipient opened the case.

Note that the suspension is very different from later examples 1870-1920. The crown is fixed to the cross, the suspension loop is more in line with a neck order.... it was stunning....