News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Did anybody else get this email? I now about 2 people including myself:

Von: St. Petersburg Antique Shop

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 11. Januar 2007 09:04

An: XXXXXXXXXXX

Betreff: New Year Catalogue

Dear Sirs,

We have received your address and information from the National Chamber of Commerce with the help of our export partner KANAT Financial Group.

We are sorry if this information can not be interesting for you.

We do require the professional advice, our client does have a interesting collection of military antiques.

If you would allow us to send you this information, so we might have your advice and might offer you the pieces as well, if you would have an interest in them.

Our client would like to sell them as one lot on 25-30% below market price. He would be interested to send the pieces for the inspection to a respectable dealer and receive a fair price for these pieces. All these pieces have and official and clear provenance history and can be officially exported our of the country.

There are 3 catalogues of antique arms (pistols, swords, sabres)

WW II military pieces (uniforms, arms and memorabilia)

Military technic of USSR, European, USA origin.

Medals, orders and decoration of 18th - 20th centuries.

Please require the full catalogue of every part of the list of the offers.

We look forward for your answer,

Sincerely yours,

Peter

Anybody else?

Hello Medalnet:

I just received the e-mail below. It is interesting that they didn't sign their name! There is just an e-mail address. It seems as though they have everything that a collector could possibly want. I bet they have great items for sale for cheap prices. I send them payment via Western Union, and wait, and wait, and wait, ........and eventually receive nothing. I think not!

"Hello:

Ich biete deutsche Auszeichnungen/Insignien, Helme und Bajonetts/Daggers an (WK1 und WK2). All die Gegenst?nde sind originell und in gutem Zustand. Ich verkaufe sie zu einem sehr g?nstigen Preis.

I have some German Insignia/Medals from WWI and WWII and a few German helmets from WWI and WWII in a good condition. There are also German daggers. I have also a few bayonets and swords for sale: japanese arisaka, and three french bayonets: Chassepot, Grass and Lebel. I would like to sell them for a reasonable price. I also have a japanese swords (katana and tanto) with the blade from XVIII century. If you could have an interest, let me know.

Regards."

It seems as though there are possibly some criminals at work targeting collectors! Folks, let me know if anyone else gets this one!

Best regards,

"SPM"

Hello again Medalnet:

More on the "incredible offer" e-mail. My guess is that they got my contact information through the BDOS on-line membership listing since that information is public (and since they wrote in German in the first paragraph). They are not primarily English-speaking (per their word usage/grammer). They probably are not primarily German-speaking either??? I possibly smell former com-block scammers at work.

Caveat Emptor!

"SPM"

My guess is that they got my contact information through the BDOS on-line membership listing since that information is public (and since they wrote in German in the first paragraph). They are not primarily English-speaking (per their word usage/grammer). They probably are not primarily German-speaking either??? I possibly smell former com-block scammers at work.

Caveat Emptor!

"SPM"

I think so too. Hopefully they don't find the forums, then it gets really ugly.