News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

Can anybody post me a thread to "military merit crosses"

I dont know much about these and there are a few, different classes, some with swords and crowns some without.

?

I have a cased Bayr. M. V. Kr 3.kl

Thanks Rob :cheers:

Recommend that you use the search utility with the entry:

Militar Verdienst Kreuz

You will find a good thread and a link to Dave Danner's excellent site as well.

Enjoy & good luck.

Hi all,

Can anybody post me a thread to "military merit crosses"

I dont know much about these and there are a few, different classes, some with swords and crowns some without.

?

I have a cased Bayr. M. V. Kr 3.kl

Thanks Rob :cheers:

Thanks for that W :cheers:

Why was there a cross with swords and another of the same class with crown and swords?

Ty Rob

It was a higher "grade" of that class- used for second awards and higher ranks. The classes and grades of these awards were given by rank. On rare occasion a deed would merit a higher "grade" of the class- but these are exceptional-and often debatable. For example- a medal bar with an MVK3x and crown next to an EK2 and a long service medal and/or HKx probably went to a private for two acts of bravery. For someone a bit higher up the rank hierarchy-it was a 1st award and so on.

Officers got the MVOx-and almost all Bavarian jr. officers got it in WW1.