News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

ARAB MEDALS -- United Arab Emirates

Ed_Haynes

Ilja,

Thanks for the link. The English title is 'award' but the Arabic could also be easily translated as 'prize'. The award in four classes is linked not only to service but time served in qualifying, and the four grades are as follows- Collar 25 years plus, Sash 20 years plus, Badge (the Arabic reads 'order') 15 years plus; and the medal 10 years plus.

Regards,

Owain

• 1 month later...
    • 2 years later...
    On 25/02/2021 at 19:32, oamotme said:

Ilja,

Not a medal but a prize. The inscription is not clear but I can make out that is is a prize for humanitarian work in the name of Mohammed Al Qassimi (Sharjah?). The top of the medal, I think, is, 'In the name of Allah, etc."

Owain

Ilja,

After some research - a circular silvered medal with fourteen scalloped rims inside of which is a smaller circular pattern with seven scalloped rims. In the centre, in two lines, the Arabic inscription,

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Bismillah al-Rahman al-Rahim)

In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious and The Most Merciful

(In the illustration the inscription is unclear but I think this is correct) 

جواهر بن محمد القاسمي

(Jawahir Bin Muhamad Al Qasimi)

Jawaher Bin Mohammed Al Qassimi

The medal is suspended from the ribbon by a gilt rectangular bar bearing the Arabic inscription,

جائزة رواد العمل الاجتماعي 2020

(Jayizat Ruaad Al Amal Al Ijtimaei 2020)

Social Workers Pioneer Prize

In 2020 the wife of the Ruler of Sharjah, Her Highness Sheikha Jawaher bint Muhammad Al Qasimi, Chairwoman of the Supreme Council for Family Affairs in Sharjah, was awarded the State Social Work Pioneers Award. This was awarded to her by the Sociologists Association on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the founding of the Association in the Emirate of Sharjah.

I believe this to be a single one time only award.

Owain  

UAE Unknown.jpg

Edited by oamotme