News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

research GENERALMAJOR BOTHO von FRANTZIUS

Hi I am doing research on my KC winner and have done very well so far. What I am lacking are details of his death KIA RUSSIA DEC 1942 as commander 504th grendier regiment. I understand there are books out there on the 61st Div and am hoping some members may have some info to help my quest

ps I have exhausted the net searches on him and even helped undate some data bases

According to my 1958 Keilig, he was killed in action 14 March 1942, while still an Oberstleutnant, having been scheduled for promotion to Oberst as of 1 April 1942, and was subsequently given next of kin pension perks posthumous promotion to Generalmajor dating 1 December 1942.

Hi got that info even know the area he was killed in. Am hoping for details maybe pics of the burial. He was a very dynamic leader always at the front of his troops and well respected his death would have been well noted somewhere.

thanks again for the reply

• 4 weeks later...

Hi got that info even know the area he was killed in. Am hoping for details maybe pics of the burial. He was a very dynamic leader always at the front of his troops and well respected his death would have been well noted somewhere.

thanks again for the reply

thanks did add to that sight earlier. Have recieved the book on the 61st div but no details of his death so am wondering if as commander 504th grendier regiment it was part of another division so any help in that direction would be great

PAUL