News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1957 spange question

Hello,

I have a friend that collects 1957 medals and post war uniforms(but also WW2), I myself collect imperial Bavarian.

He now has the uniform and medals from a german soldier.

He wants to make a spange from the medal in order to put them on the uniform as a spange.

He would like to know in which order these medals need to be, he thinks these:

EK II 1939

KVK 2 klasse 1939

Ostmedaille

Zoll Grenzschutz Orden

Lebensrettungsorden

He would like to know how one can put these on a spange.Maybe unethical to make new spanges but the medals are all from 1 person and he wants to put them on a uniform for display.

If anybody has some ideas they are welcome.

thanks in advance

Hello

The original wearer of these awards never had them mounted, even though he probably had the opportunity at the time. I would say, and obviously this is only my personal opinion, that they should be left as they are, and as the original owner had them.

I agree on that, personally I am totally against changing history by messing with medals, uniforms and such.

He just asked me if I could ask here since he wants them displayed at an exebition.

I myself am not really familiar with 1957 medals, so maybe you could answer the question if they are in the correct order?(he is persisitant of making a spange out of it so why not have it in the right order as they are going to be shown at an exebition).

Personally I already told him it was unethical to make a Spange since it was not done by the man in question himself.