News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This is part of my collections. Probably left Deutscheskreuz is FAKE. I had a lot of collectors watch "Fallschirmschutzen Heerer 800silber "which I saw most towards the right. A few collectors said that orijinal possibility was very high. As for this, it is carved a seal a name and a name of a military unit by the back. A hook to fix a pin sticks. It is purely silver. In 1960, somebody reproduced it. Therefore a lot of skillful FAKE is sold. This is Detlev Niemann. I had you inspect it from documents of Neimann. It is to say that original possibility is very high. I am difficult!

This is part of my collections. Probably left Deutscheskreuz is FAKE. I had a lot of collectors watch "Fallschirmschutzen Heerer 800silber "which I saw most towards the right. A few collectors said that orijinal possibility was very high. As for this, it is carved a seal a name and a name of a military unit by the back. A hook to fix a pin sticks. It is purely silver. In 1960, somebody reproduced it. Therefore a lot of skillful FAKE is sold. This is Detlev Niemann. I had you inspect it from documents of Neimann. It is to say that original possibility is very high. I am difficult!

I regret to tell you that this is a fake. I do not know how much you paid for it or where you bought it but it is a fairly well known fake that first appeared around five years ago. It is well-made but looks nothing like an original in a side-by-side comparison. Better fakes have since been produced but these ones still surface on internet auction sites from time to time. They also circulate between collectors who either believe them to be original or refuse to accept that they are modern fakes.

The copies of the Fallschirmsch?tzenabzeichen (Heer) produced in the 1960s and 1970s varied from extremely crude to quite convincing...if a buyer had never seen and examined a real badge. Some of these better 1960s and 1970s fakes comprised a cast aluminium wreath with the diving eagle as fitted to the denazified 1957-issue FSA. Most of them have fake C E Juncker stamps of a type not even seen before the war. Some are unmarked. Quite a few wellknown dealers sold them as originals before Eric Queen and I published an article about the Army Paratrooper Badge.

Better fakes have been produced in aluminium and in silver in recent years, many being sold on internet auction sites like eBay and ePier, and by some dealers. However, the fakers never get it quite right. There have also been attempts to introduce "variants" into the market, like the zinc badges with the Gnad maker's mark.

The .800 silver Army Paratrooper Badges are extremely rare and the last two to change hands sold for more than $20,000.00 US or its equivalent. Eric Queen was recently asking $22,000.00 for a Type 1/2 "transitional" badge in .800 silver. Prior to this, a couple changed hands for around $10K - $12K each and a rather abused example was sold for less than that in the UK. However, experience suggests that people are paying anything from $2K to $5K for these fakes, believing that they have found the bargain of a lifetime.

You should demand a refund of your money from the vendor.

Paddy Keating

Edited by PKeating