News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Greetings;

Everyone is familiar with cross swords devices on ribbon bars. And then there are the various wreaths, crowns and other mini devices but does anyone know anything about mini pilot badges or observers badges on ribbon bars?

Does anyone own one? Can any generalization be made about them when you do find them? Time periods. Pilots in figher units, bomber units or home protection, etc.

Just how rare are they? Have they been faked, or fake ribbon bars constructed from genuine parts?

I haven't run across this kind of device before.

-Claudius

Guest Rick Research

There was never any such thing before the M1957 regulations which put pinback awards that had no ribbons on generic backings for wear on Bundeswehr uniforms.

I Have seen miniature Imperial Pilot Badge & Observer Badges of sizes 9-16mm hung from ribbon bars. I have seen the occassional black ribbon with a Prinzen sized fob hanging down. As with anything aviation, much post-collector alteration has occurred.....

It was definately not the norm, or even common. The very, very few I have seen that I would accept as original always seem to be very odd fashion statements.