News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

I've never heard of shore patrol in civilian clothes on duty, so it sounds quite interesting-- whatever he was up to, slinking around harbor dives in civvies for!

The restriction on his police authority to only NCOs and men is also interesting-- I guess drunken officers beating up on bar maids he had to call in for Higher Ups!

• 3 years later...

I haven't been able to find anyone who has seen one of these, but I am assuming it was just a local authorisation giving him "police powers" within the port.

He wasn't Marinek?stenpolizei (MKP) which was a totally different thing. MKP was formed from drafts of personnel from the Wasserschutzpolizei in 1940. Their duties includied things like security in ports and harbours, coastlines etc but in occupied countries.Most of the kind of duties they covered would be covered by the Wasserschutzpolizei within Germany.

I think this guy was more like what we would think of as "Shore Patrol" , with duties more in line with keeping rowdy sailors in check.