News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

German imperial naval dagger from

Gentlemen,

this is my latest purchase.

I?ve never seen this kind of blade engraving on a german naval cadet dagger before.

It shows the sailing ship motiv with fouled anchors. It?s not etched - it?s engraved.

The blade is in fairly good condition. Unfortunately some darkening and and light flaking near crossguard and tip.

This dagger has a nice scabbard with floral designs and is dent free.

Ivory grip with some age lines, but still nice.

Carl Kaiser daggers are scarce as the company stopped production before World War I.

I like the scabbard pattern with the floral design. It?s a kind of Art Nouveau style.

Additionally I was surprised about the workmanship of the hand engraved blade.

It?s an nice dagger, uncleaned and unplayed with, unfortunately there are some imperfections on the blade. But I like it.

Anybody with further infos about this maker ?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Regards;

Flyingdutchman

• 1 month later...

Dutchman,

An absolutely beautiful dagger and a rare maker indeed. I wasn't sure if Kaiser stopped before WWI or during but I know they produced nothing post WWI. Anything I've seen by Carl Kaiser was certainly pre Imperial or Imperial at the latest. To date yours is the first naval I've seen but I have noticed several Kaiser hirschf?ngers, a dress bayonet and a fire official's dagger. Not much else out there I'm afraid but a great maker's mark and blade, congrats.