News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Well, not in the TRENCHES. It's an off-duty "lounge suit."

Couple of representative groups with mix-n-match outfits:

cute fluffy bunnies and duckies abuse!!!! :speechless1:

Guest Rick Research

Chris: that is NOT a Litewka: wrong collar--no tabs, wrong number of buttons. I suspect it's some sort of short-length overcoat like the Windjacke of ski troops... but if that's yellow piping under there, it has Foot Artillery boards.

• 1 year later...

Well, looking back over this old thread I am happy I was patient.... I almost bought the above as I HAD to have a WW1 jacket...

I did not.... waited 1 year and landed in that time 2 superb ones.....

Normally I dont have patience... this time I am glad I had some....

• 5 years later...

I was looking for this post...

I just read something really interesting in a book written by a german soldier fighting in the Argonne. He said they made Wicklegamaschen by shortening their greatcoats, leaving them with a Tunic/Greatcoat Hybrid.

It made me think of this old thread....

Guest Rick Research

Yup. That was probably über-rare and now it's gone forever. :( I've never seen a photo of one being worn.

Edited by Rick Research

I was looking for this post...

I just read something really interesting in a book written by a german soldier fighting in the Argonne. He said they made Wicklegamaschen by shortening their greatcoats, leaving them with a Tunic/Greatcoat Hybrid.

It made me think of this old thread....

Chris,

This is true, but they only cut off the bottom 10cm, so the coats still looked very much like a coat (nothing like the cut-down coat you have shown). I have a 1915 dated "Ersatz" pattern overcoat with this Winkelgamaschen shortening. I also have a field-made pair of Winkelgamaschen fashioned from overcoat material.

Chip