News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

maybe a stupid question, especially from someone that collects Imperial uniforms for a few years now.

But I am trying to put together another Field-grey uniform and I started to wonder about the equipment.(I don't have books about it, can't find a good one).The uniforms I have,I have put together from pictures and information on the internet, not alwaya a good idea I have noticed.

Could someone tell me what exactly the WW1 field-grey uniform should consist of?

What should be on the belt/bag etc. and is there a certain way it should be worn(bajonet on the right,water cannister on the left etc.)

if someone could please list the entire equipment for a standard uniform and how it should be worn I would very much apreciate it! :jumping:

If you have pictures and model types form the equipment it would even be better.

Maybe also some information about pre-ww1 uniforms?

thank you in advance!

kind regards,

Roeland

Roeland,

There are plenty of websites and good books on the subject, but if you want to see something quickly, I suggest you go to this website, to see the photos of John Sheehan's collection. Everything is set up on mannequins and is, for the most part, correct. He takes enough photos to show anything you would want to see and they can be enlarged to a hugh size and still retain their detail. You might have to register on the site to see the pictures. Try it out and if it is not what you are looking for, let me know and I will try to help. http://www.gunboards.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=68548

Chip

Roeland,

I nearly forgot to mention, that there are things that are not shown that you might have an interest in. For instance, no shirts, Unterhosen, Halstuch/Halsbinde, mittens, towels or things of that nature are shown. I can help in this area if it interests you.

Chip

Thanks for the info Chip, I think I can manage this way although I don't exactly know what kind of models the equipment are, but I'll figure it out, I don't think I'll need info on the unterhose etc. because it's not seen when displayed.

Thanks again, this sure helps out a lot!

Thanks for the link to the books Marcin Lewoszewski, they look pretty good, didn't know them yet, I think they are very helpfull and I'll one of them.

both thanks again, it sure helps me.