News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Book: "Tito's Partisans 1941 - 1945"

Interesting, the only partizan reference I have are "Krajiske Brigade" (published in about the 1950's-60's I think) & "Partizanski Album" published 1981.

I could do with an easy to read (ie in English) book on the subject.

Dear Leigh,

so, the small book would fullfill your intentions for 100 % :D

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Yep, I'm going to get it - it means I don't just look at the pictures.

I have an interest in I Mortar Battery II Bat of VII Krajina Bde & II Bat XIII Krajina Bde, in connection with a medal & document grouping I have.

Dear Leigh,

don't worry, there is a big amount of written content at 64 pages ;) .

That's a very special question to a very special topic :unsure: .

You should contact the author of the book, Velimir Vuksic (b. 1954), directly. He worked at the Belgrade Military Museum and still has full access to the archives. He lives now in Zagreb (he is Croat) and is also a great military painter and illustrator:

Dipl.-Ing. Velimir Vuksic

Ilica 54

10.000 Zagreb

Croatia

velimir.vuksic@zg.tel.hr

http://pubwww.srce.hr/husar/ (his website - partly still under construction!)

I think, that he ist the "1st adress" for your wanted documentations :D .

Christian

Or you could contact directly the Military Museum of Belgrade, even if I never tried, so I can't garantuee that they can help you, or even answer you (knowing how things often work in Serbia, out of communism, but not of communist mentality): :(

vojnimuzej@mod.gov.yu

Edited by Drugo

Or you could contact directly the Military Museum of Belgrade, even if I never tried, so I can't garantuee that they can help you, or even answer you (knowing how things often work in Serbia, out of communism, but not of communist mentality): :(

vojnimuzej@mod.gov.yu

Gentlemen,

maybe someone of our members, who speaks srpski, could write a general request to the Belgrade Museum :love: ?

If they are willing to make research and what the costs for these services might be.

Many thanks in advance :cheers: .

Christian

If anybody is interested in doing any research, or at least trying to, let me know. I could translate for you your requests.

I accept paypal. (I'm joking!) ;)

Dear Filip,

many thanks for your great offer to us non-srpski-speaking members :cheers: .

Maybe you could mail a general request to our museum in Belgrade and introduce GMIC-Yugoslavia to them :love: ?

Christian

I wrote them. Let's wait and see.

Dear Filip,

many thanks for your mail to the Military Museum at Belgrade :cheers: .

I spoke to some people of the museum staff at Kalemegdan the last time in spring 1999 - just a few weeks, before the NATO-bombing started - and asked for decend books about communist YU-Awards. They had been very kind, but they couldn't find any. They meant such books doesn't exist.

We have to publish our own "Comprehensive Guide to YU-Awards 1943 - 1992" :jumping: .

I hope, they won't ask "fantasy-prices" for their services in the first moment, when they get an request from an EU-country ;) .

Christian

I received a very polite answer from the museum. They would be glad to help us, but in order to give us better details and informations they would need to know exactly your requests.

Please, if you have particular requests, write them down, and I'll let them know what you're looking for.

To be precise, this is what they say:

[...]You talk about researches concearning the Yugoslav Army. You mean the Kingdom one, the Yugoslav People's Army up to the civil war, or both of them? What kind of informations are you looking for? Are you interested in weapons, uniforms, organisation, formations, and in general, what segments of the army are you interested in?

Thanks,

Filip

I received a very polite answer from the museum. They would be glad to help us, but in order to give us better details and informations they would need to know exactly your requests.

Please, if you have particular requests, write them down, and I'll let them know what you're looking for.

To be precise, this is what they say:

[...]You talk about researches concearning the Yugoslav Army. You mean the Kingdom one, the Yugoslav People's Army up to the civil war, or both of them? What kind of informations are you looking for? Are you interested in weapons, uniforms, organisation, formations, and in general, what segments of the army are you interested in?

Thanks,

Filip

Dear Filip,

great news :cheers: .

So Leigh will get his asked informations directly from the museum, I assume.

Please can you write them a big "thank you" and tell them, that our GMIC-section has it's focus to Partisans & JNA, but there might be also some inquireries about the "YU-Wars" in the 1990s and also about the Yugoslav Kingdom. Might you also ask them, if our members, who are no native speakers, can correspond with the museum in English :unsure: ?

Many thanks :cheers: .

Christian