News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Korinth EK2 photo caption

Here's the front. It's a very nice snapshot of a proud Korinthspringer just after receiving his EK2 for the canal jump. Crete was yet to come...

I rather like the way the original print or negative appears to have been deformed at some point before this NCO made up these postcard version, presumably to give to family and friends, like the man from whose group this came.

PK

A close-up. Now, is it just a trick of the camera or are those collar patches blue, as worn by medics? The fellow who had this photo served with an 88mm Flak-Artillerie unit before transferring to the 5. Fallschirmj?ger-Division as a medic, where he presumably received this photograph as a souvenir from, obviously, the man pictured therein.

PK

Edited by PKeating

Guest Rick Research

"gewidmet meiner Schwester

Ilsa als Andenken vom

Kanal von Korinth

Aufgenommen den 8.5.41"

I see! Thank you very much, Rick. I'm trying to 'rebuild' his family with the photos. So this fellow could have been a relative of the man who had this amongst his personal wartime photos. Or maybe just a friend. I posted some of the group here earlier for anyone who likes FJ stuff.

Regards,

PK