News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Serial Number Database

"The Other" Soviet forum has opened up what may develop as a rather interesting serial number database. Amazingly, they have included Mongolian awards! While it has some problem (and we may well guess that their entrioes on teh Polar Star will be a hash, you may want to check it out.

http://www.soviet-awards.com/forum/awards.php

"The Other" Soviet forum has opened up what may develop as a rather interesting serial number database. Amazingly, they have included Mongolian awards! While it has some problem (and we may well guess that their entrioes on teh Polar Star will be a hash, you may want to check it out.

http://www.soviet-awards.com/forum/awards.php

Ed,

Paul Schmitt, Alexei & I were part of the team Art put together to make the SND. There was a lot of discussion before the database became what you see today.

:beer: Doc

Ed,

Paul Schmitt, Alexei & I were part of the team Art put together to make the SND. There was a lot of discussion before the database became what you see today.

Congratulations on your involvement, Doc. While the Mongolian section has problems, it may develop as a useful tool.

Congratulations on your involvement, Doc. While the Mongolian section has problems, it may develop as a useful tool.

Ed,

What needs to be fixed in the Mongolian Section of the SND? There was discussions about what to put in that section. A couple of my suggestions were rejected. I wanted to add the Deputy of the Stae Lower assembly badge.

All suggestions welcomed :cheers:

Ed,

What needs to be fixed in the Mongolian Section of the SND? There was discussions about what to put in that section. A couple of my suggestions were rejected. I wanted to add the Deputy of the Stae Lower assembly badge.

All suggestions welcomed :cheers:

Just to start:

1- Nomenclature not entirely accurate or clear.

2- The Medal "We Won" is completely broken.

3- Polar Star will be (as it is) a nightmare, as serial numbers overlap. Not sure there is a fix for this (until we know much more), but . . . .

4- Many other numbered things missing, but probably not worth the effort, political or otherwise.

5- Why the service to/of the type collector? Why not allow codes for awards that are documented or in groups? Does authentication from the MPS (Mongolian Phaleristic Society) count? Much as I respect Paul, I am not sure he'd know a Mongolian fake if it bit him.

Amazed you got Mongolia in, as I suspect the "weight" was against it.

Ed,

That's a long list. :speechless: I doubt that Mongolia would have been included at all if not for Alexei and me pushing for it. As for entering a group that was discussed and flat out dismissed by Art. Believe me we tried. The decision was that it would complicate things. Thanks for the feedback. But, now that the programmer has been paid it's too late to try to fix these things. :(

Ed,

That's a long list. :speechless: I doubt that Mongolia would have been included at all if not for Alexei and me pushing for it. As for entering a group that was discussed and flat out dismissed by Art. Believe me we tried. The decision was that it would complicate things. Thanks for the feedback. But, now that the programmer has been paid it's too late to try to fix these things. :(

Even something that is broken (like the "We Won" Medal)? Hope you didn't pay too much.

Without Mongolia, it doesn't add much to what already exists. A shame there wasn't a more public discussion, but I'd not anticipate it from that froum.

Ed,

1. Where is the overlap of serial numbers for the Order of the Polar Star?

All over, I fear. Until someone goes thropugh the rolls in detail, we have no chance of making much sense of it; and "someone" will be starting on the rolls this fall. See the type and serial number ranges in the PS thread (no significant updates, but I updated anyway).

2. Which medal is the "We Won"? My brain isn't alive yet.

Often (inaccurately) called "Victory over Japan" (A 41).

Edited by Ed_Haynes