News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New Rockford North Dakota Vets Memorial

Hi all,

On our 23rd Anniversary Kim and I went over to New Rockford and had dinner at a steakhouse there. Then we went over to the Vet's memorial as I'd been wanting to get some pics there for the last couple of years or so. Figured I'd share them as there's a couple of pieces that I'm sure will be of interest.

They seem to keep everything well maintained and looking battle ready. So far our city of Carrington doesn't have any military vehicles, etc., for a Vet's memorial. No idea how such things are obtained but I sure would love to see us get something or other at some point. We've had folks serving for a looooooong time.

But I think New Rockfords memorial is very nice and a great place to stop and reflect on the services and sacrifices of our vets in all wars.

Dan :cheers:

Hallo Hauptman :beer:

I thought it was only ships that had figure-heads, or are you trying to hide the tank behind you :P:lol:

All joking aside some very nice pictures.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Hallo Hauptman :beer:

I thought it was only ships that had figure-heads, or are you trying to hide the tank behind you :P:lol:

All joking aside some very nice pictures.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Hi Kevin,

Naw! I'd just kicked the tires (and that's saying alot with a tank... alot of tires to kick! :cheeky: ) and was considering when they told me it didn't have a tape deck or CD... or heat... or AC... or leather seats... or power windows and locks... well, the list goes on. So I passed. Besides... gas mileage was not all that great either! :lol:

Seriously though many thanks for the compliment on the pics. Nice thing is if I ever want to build one in model form I can go up and get all the closeup pics, etc., and any info off of it I need to make a really nice duplicate of it. I'm hoping at some point to find out who is in charge of it... probably someone at the vets club... and see if it's possible to get access to the inside as I"d love to get pics of that too, to include the engine compartment/engine, etc. Would love to document it as thoroughly as possible. But it sure is a great old machine. The stories I bet it could tell. :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Guest Rick Research

An Italian motor on the tank? :Cat-Scratch:

Must be a shortage of lawyers out that way...

a nice inviting helicopter like that would be impossible to keep kids of all ages out of around here. :rolleyes:

We have a PAK 37 whose German tires apparently finally rotted away. Rather than just leave the solid rims on, somebody at the VFW Post decided it'd look Really Neat with trailer tires on there... which are not only WRONG but are too small to reach the ground. :speechless: I suspect they've thrown away the rims now... where to get Wehrmacht anti-tank gun tires when you "need' them in the 21st century? :speechless1: