News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Who are they ? Some strange uniforms. Help

But when I compare the belt-buckles of the men in the last photo, they seem to wear the same buckles as the men with the austrian style cap.

Except ONE is wearing a Jungvolk buckle !!!!! Very strange !!!!

And the last photo was made in N?rtingen, which is W?rttemberg

unbek5c.jpg

Now - what are they ???

German license plate, german sport badges, german photographer - makes me believe they are german, hmm. ?

Any help is highly appreciated, as always.

Robert

Edited by Robert Noss

Robert,

not sure about the last couple of photos but the others show members of the W?rttemberg "Bereitschaftpolizei" from the twenties and early thirties. They had two distinct uniforms - the dark green service dress and a fieldgrey exercise and daily dress uniform with ski-cap.

Regards

Glenn

Guest Rick Research

The only thing I could find out about those metal sleeve insignia is, from Ingo L?hken's "Polizei Uniformen der S?ddeutschen Staaten 1872-1932," that Stammpersonal of the POLICE SCHOOL wore this, from 30 March 1930:

4x6 cm oval nickel metal shield with initials "PS."

The "pajamas" are martial arts outfits. back then, it was probably ju-jitsu rather than karate being taught.

NOW, the guys in the RUSSIAN style "gimnastyorka" smocks in 9 and 10 must be some version of the German Communist Party... the "opposition."