News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Zinc U-boat badge, unknown maker

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John

What do you think about this badge ?

giorgio

Giorgio,

I have no idea about either of the above badges. They both look OK to me, but never saw either before. Where do you come up with all these one of a kind badges? John

Giorgio,

I have no idea about either of the above badges. They both look OK to me, but never saw either before. Where do you come up with all these one of a kind badges? John

Hi John

I have found the badge at a German dealer . I agree with you : the badges look OK

An other interesting badge , with solid swastika , but the eagle looks like similar in shape to the other badges

regards

giorgio

Hi everyone !

What tis badges seems to have in common is the 5 lines (instead of 4) in the eagles wings.A new tipe of uboat badge ?

It would be lovely to see any period photo showing an uboat crewmen with a 5 lines wing badge, or a vet with his own and 100% real uboat badge...I will keep my eyes open.

Kind regards from Spain

Edited by buch

• 2 weeks later...

Some of these five segment wing badges look good and pretty convincing. Nothing specific to suggest anything wrong with them - until recently. What would now worry me is the fact that they are appearing with variety of maker markings, including some which relate to manufacturers they definitely don't seem to belong to. So far I have seen 65, 21 and 4, all marked on the pin, not the badge.

Could be a case of genuine badges having spurious marks added. Or more likely, like the FO badge, a case of where genuine ones exist and now very accurate copies are appearing and it is the copies which have the spurious marks. Either way, caution is required with these.

Hi everyone !

What tis badges seems to have in common is the 5 lines (instead of 4) in the eagles wings.A new tipe of uboat badge ?

It would be lovely to see any period photo showing an uboat crewmen with a 5 lines wing badge, or a vet with his own and 100% real uboat badge...I will keep my eyes open.

Kind regards from Spain

Excellent observation Buch--I missed that completely, I have to admit. Thank you for your comments and detailed examination of this/these pieces. John