News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Belarusian Admirals cap

This is a rather rare cap. It's the cap of a Belarusian admiral. Belarus is landlocked, but the border troops who patrol Belarusian rivers and lakes wear naval uniform, hence this unusual cap! It's typical late Soviet style, but with Belarusian insignia buttons etc. Something you don't see everyday!

Or it may have belonged to a former Soviet admiral, who settled down in Belarus and whose rank was recognized.

Dear Belaruski,

I think, that Lukasz is right: The river & lake border guard wouldn't have an admiral among their ranks ;) .

Like Vice Admiral Horthy, who had been "Reichsverweser" ("royal" ruler, because the king is absent) of Hungary till the liberation of Hungary by the Soviets in 1945. Hungary had been - after the loss of Croatia and the harbour of Fiume, as a result of WW I - also landlocked. Horthy got his rank during his service in the K.u.K. Naval Forces of Austria-Hungary.

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Nope! This one belonged to a General officer of the border guard. I also have his green topped visor. The white one was used in whilst serving with the 'border cutters'. The naval style uniforms and insignia cover all ranks up to the top if required.

Nope! This one belonged to a General officer of the border guard. I also have his green topped visor. The white one was used in whilst serving with the 'border cutters'. The naval style uniforms and insignia cover all ranks up to the top if required.

Dear Belaruski,

that's really interesting :D .

Best regards :beer:

Christian